TAG Heuer Connected is the most luxurious smart watch with Android Wear, costs $1,500 – Specs (video)
At an event in New York Tag Heuer officially showed its first smartwatch powered by Android Wear. Connected is a luxury piece of technology at a cost of $1,500. Workmanship and design reminiscent of an analog watch Tag Heuer Carrera and the company say they have tried hard to make smart watch look like a normal one.
The watch can be customized with six different rubber straps – black, red, yellow, green, white, blue and orange. The size is 46 mm in diameter. Inside Connected Watch is powered by a dual-core Intel processor, running at 1.6 GNz. The internal memory is 4 GB. Weight – 52 grams.
The touch screen Tag Heuer Connected has a resolution of 360×360 pixels (240 ppi) and is covered with sapphire crystal the battery is 410 mAh providing 25 hours with typical usage and charging is via docking station. Available is Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi 2,4 GHz 802.11 B/G/N, and microphone for voice commands.
Tag Heuer specially created three dials for Connected, which emulate their analog designs. All three are available in black, white or blue. You can install other watch faces from Google Play Store. Tag Heuer also developed several applications for the watch, including time, alarm and stopwatch.
Anyone who bought Tag Heuer Connected, will be able to replace it with a mechanical watch with a Swiss mechanism.
Of course, not everyone would invest more than $1,000 in watch, which does not differ than other smart watches, but Tag Heuer Connected definitely is different as build quality and connoisseurs will appreciate it.
Diameter: 46 mm
Thickness: 12.8 mm
Weight: 52 gm
Titanium Grade 2 case including:
– Horizontal and vertical fine-brushed titanium lugs
– 3D-raised and fine-brushed numerals
– “TAG Heuer Connected“ lettering engraved with silver lacquer
– Black, sandblasted, carbide-coated titanium bezel with anti-fingerprint coating
– Titanium single push-button with black, carbide-coated line fine-brushed and raised with TAG Heuer shield
– IP67 splash-proof water resistance
– Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
– 1.5in fully circular transflective LTPS LCD display
– Touch on Display supporting multiple finger recognition
– Screen resolution: 360×360, 240ppi
– Weight: 29 gm
– Vulcanized rubber strap with grade 2 titanium folding clasp and safety push-buttons.
Seven Strap colors: green, blue, orange, red, white, black, yellow.
410mAh battery (minimum 25 hours battery life, based on typical usage)
1.6GHz dual core processor (500mHz normal operation speed)
1GB main memory – 4GB storage memory
Gyroscope, tilt detection sensor, microphone, haptic engine
Android 4.3+ / iOS 8.2+
Bluetooth BLE 4.1 – WLAN 2.4 GHz 802.11 B/G/N
Conductive charging cradle with USB cable and wall plug