Nextbit Robin cloud smartphone with 100 GB Cloud Space
We already wrote about Nextbit, the company that wants to make cloud revolution among Android smartphones. Formed by former engineers from Apple, Google and HTC, the team believes that most companies today focus only on the hardware, but do not make meaningful changes to Android.
Nextbit Robin comes with 32 GB of internal memory and 100 GB cloud space. The most interesting is that the smartphone decides what to move to the cloud completely automatically. Back even has LEDs that indicate when Robin sync with cloud platform. Theoretically, users should not notice the difference between local and remote resources: files, applications and other types of content that are not used often goes automatically to the cloud.
You can pre-order now on Kickstarter. The price is $299 usd, which is more than attractive, given the specs: 5.2-inch 1080p display, USB-C port, six-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 and 3 GB RAM. The platform is heavily modified version of Android Lollipop.
- Processor: Snapdragon 808
- Memory: 3GB RAM / 32 GB onboard / 100 GB online
- Screen: 5.2” IPS LCD 1080p
- Rear Camera: 13MP with phase detection autofocus, dual tone flash
- Front camera: 5MP
- Battery: 2680 mAh
- Dual front facing stereo speakers
- Fingerprint sensor
- Quick charging
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- WiFi A/B/G/N/AC
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- WCDMA 850/900/1800/1900/2100
- LTE Bands 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/20/28
- Dimensions: 149mm x 72mm x 7mm
- GPS enabled