OnePlus 2 – flagships killer officially presented – Full Specs
The long-awaited second smartphone of the Chinese company OnePlus finally is officially presented and now we have all the information about this device. Let’s look at what offers OnePlus 2.
OnePlus 2 offers a 5.5-inch 1080p HD display, two SIM cards, 5-megapixel front camera, 13-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash and F/2.0 aperture, and Optical Stabilization, 64-bit 1.8 GHz eight-core Snapdragon processor 810 v2.1, GPU Andreno 430, 16 GB internal memory and 3 GB RAM. There is an option with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB of internal memory.
OnePlus 2 has a fingerprint scanner, like the flagship of Samsung, HTC and of course, Apple. The Chinese company said that its technology for the fingerprint work faster than Touch ID sensor in the iPhone. OnePlus 2 comes with a USB Type-C port for charging.
With its launch of his smartphones Chinese manufacturer OnePlus made a splash, release device with high-end features at a price of mid-range device, and this formula is preserved for OnePlus 2. The cost of OnePlus 2 is only $329!
Internal components of OnePlus 2 is framed by aluminum-magnesium alloy with stainless steel accents. The back of the phone comes with five different variations of materials including bamboo (real bamboo, not “bamboo effect”) “black apricot” (not true apricot), rosewood and Kevlar.
OnePlus 2 comes with a proprietary operating system Oxygen OS, based on Android 5.1. The company says that the platform is “refreshing experience the pure Android” and allows for “fine” personalization of the device, allowing you to switch between hardware or capacitive buttons on the screen. There are several OxygenOS applications that are preinstalled as a camera, audio tuner and file manager.
It notes that OnePlus 2 does not support fast charging, wireless charging and not even NFC antenna and a microSD memory card slot.
As same as OnePlus One, and this time you will need an invitation to purchase OnePlus 2. In the US and Europe sales will start (in case you have invitation) on 11 August with 64 GB version priced at $389. A cheaper model with 16 GB of storage space and 3 GB of RAM will be available “later” for price of $329, says OnePlus.
- Sandstone Black
- 151.8 x 74.9 x 9.85 mm
- 6.17 ounces (175 g)
- Operating System:
- OxygenOS based on Android 5.1
- 64-bit Qualcomm© Snapdragon™ 810 processor with 1.8GHz Octa-core CPUs
- Adreno™ 430
- 4 GB/3 GB LPDDR4
- 64 GB/16 GB eMMC v5.0 (available capacity varies)
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity and Ambient Light
- Embedded rechargeable 3,300 mAh LiPo battery
- Max. SAR:
- Head: 0.795 W/kg, Body: 1.447 W/kg
- GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/8
FDD-LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/7/8/12/17
- Dual-band Wi-Fi: 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n and 5GHz 802.11a/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS
- Bottom-facing speaker
- Dual-microphone with noise cancellation
- 13 Megapixel (1.3um)
- 6 lenses to avoid distortion and color aberration
- Laser Focus:
- Front Camera:
- 5 Megapixel – Distortion free
- 4K resolution video, Slow Motion: 720p video at 120fps
- Audio Supported Formats:
- Playback: MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA (v9 and v10), AMR-NB, AMR-WB, WAV, FLAC, WAV, OGG
Recording: WAV AAC AMR EVRC QCELP
- Video Supported Formats:
- Playback: HEVC (H.265), H.264, MPEG-4, DivX, Xvid, MPEG-2, MP4, MOV, 3GP, AVI, MKV, ASF
- Image Supported Formats:
- Playback: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- 5.5 inch
- 1080p Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels), 401 PPI
- LCD In-cell
- Corning© Gorilla© Glass
Ports, Slots, Buttons & Indicators
- Data & Charging: USB Type-C
Audio: Jack 3.5mm
- Power Button
Capacitive / On-screen buttons
- 2 slots – Nano SIM (DSDS)
- 1 LED notification light (multicolored)
In the Box
- 1x OnePlus 2
- 1x USB Type-C Cable
- 1x OnePlus 2 USB Power Adapter